Holy Trinity Church was founded on February 23, 1930 and for many years held services in the Masaryktown Community Hall. On October 17, 1943 the church reorganized and affiliated with the Slovak Evangelical Lutheran Synod, becoming the first Lutheran church in Hernando County, Florida.
The present red brick church was dedicated on September 26, 1954. The stained glass window above the alter depicting the ascension of our Lord has been a focal point of the Church since it was installed in 1954. Church members saw a picture of the ascension in the Slovak Lutheran Witness and commissioned a local craftsman to create the beautiful window.
In 1971 the congregation joined the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. The fellowship hall was dedicated on November 5, 1972 and the classroom addition on April 26, 1987.
Our pastor, Rev. Dr. David Brockoff, accepted a call to Holy Trinity and has served since January 2001.